Monday, April 23, 2012

Taking Your Dog in the Car

Tip:  Don't make trips to the veterinarian the only time you take your dog for a ride in the car.  If they don't enjoy going there, they will associate the car with the vet.  Begin with short trips and make them fun for your pet.  Don't leave him alone in the car on those early trips, or he will think that every time he goes in the car, you will abandon him.  Allow your pet to associate the rides in the car with good things. And NEVER leave your dog in the car on hot days.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just loved going for rides in the car with Smokey and Jodi.  Of course, the best times were when all three of us dogs went for a ride over to the dog park.  It was fenced in so we could run around all over the place and not get into any trouble.

I had a friend named Baily who would often be at the dog park.  He was also a Pug just like me, only I was a little bit bigger than he was.  We chased our balls, the birds and anything else we could find while Smokey and Jodi kept a watchful eye on all of us.

Star also stayed close to us, so no bullies would come over and pick on us.  She was the best German Shepherd in the world! 

One time we were chasing our balls at the park and mine landed in the little pond that was over where the ducks liked to play.  I was a little bit afraid to run in there and get it, since Smokey wasn't already swimming in there.  And those ducks might fly at me - I definitely did not like that!  Would you believe that grumpy, grouchy Cinders ran in there like a bullet, swam out to the ball and brought it back.  Of course, since she had done such a big favor for me, I had to let her run around with my ball for a little bit.  She is so possessive.  She always thinks everything is hers!  Of course, when Jodi pulled a new toy and tossed it, Cinders dropped the ball and went after that.  That Jodi is pretty smart!

I loved going for rides in the car.  You just never know what exciting place you would see next. 

Life is good......

No comments:

Post a Comment